So, ripping the chassis back to bare metal wouldn’t be worth doing unless I also took a chance to reduce weight.
This page will highlight the current weights and the lighter weight of all the changes. As I get the new components delivered I’ll keep track of the weight savings.
If I didn’t take the weight difference between the pinto and duratec into account (because I haven’t weighed them yet, I am sat at 358 bhp/tonne, up from my original of 316, which is nice. Now, if I take into account an estimate that the duratec is 40kg lighter than the pinto and the wheels and tires save me 12kg, then I can look to raise the figure to 365 bhp/tonne. If I want to crack 400, Ill need 230 bhp, or more weight loss.
To quote Penny from The Big Bang Theory, “Holy Christ on a Crapper!”
Standard to Carbon-Kevlar seats93 bls212kg
|What||Original Weight||New Weight||#||Saving|
|lightened front v-pulley and timing wheel||1.58||0.54||1||1|
|Pinto Cast to Duratec Alloy Bellhousing||11.15||4.19||1||7|
|Front Shock (Spax to Gaz)||2.6||2.1||2||1|
|RWD lightweight flywheel||12.2||3.7||1||8.5|
|Pinto to Duratec||80||40||1||40|
|Steel to composite tank||5.8||2.17||1||3.7|
|Standard to Carbon-Kevlar seats||9||3 bls||2||12kg|
|Chopping out engine mount plates||1.8||0.6||1||1.2|
|Lightweight Racing Wheels||9||6 bls||3||12kg|
|Me dieting||Not telling||9kg||1||4kg||no way|